COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT POLICY
The community engagement policy of Decameron Hotels Jamaica outlines its commitment to engage in activities geared towards uplifting and supporting communities through the continuous provision of opportunities that will positively impact the social and economic development of citizens in and around these communities.
- Create a diversified working environment while ensuring equal employment opportunity.
- Through various initiatives, contribute to activities that will positively impact community members who are in need.
- Participate in exercises that promotes a green environment.
- Ensure priority is given to the purchasing of local produce.
- Permit avenues for the promotion of local culture as well as ease of access to local tourist attractions.
- Maintain and promote standards established by local and international regulatory bodies to guarantee the protection of the local environment.
- Establish and reinforce protocols against the sexual exploitation of children as well as human trafficking.
- Employment: through strategic recruiting, priority is given to local staff and we endeavor to guarantee that this initiative is increasingly possible by:
- Supporting local hospitality training programmes such as internships.
- Provide on the job training after employment so experience can be gained in the requisite field (inexperience will not be used as a deterrent for employment).
- Ensure that all avenues of advertising (media, newspaper etc.) is exhausted during the recruitment exercise.
- Purchases: Decameron Hotels Jamaica has establish standards that promote the purchasing of local goods and services once the criteria of quality, rational pricing and local and international health and safety standards are met. We will generate conditions to negotiate price increase to break the notion of monopoly in order to maintain a fair business and to maintain diversity.
- Ethical Investing / Community Involvement: promote and deliver social development projects including engaging in welfare and wellness programmes that will positively impact members of the community by performing assessment on their needs and how the outcome will aid with their development.
- Donations: provide funding to facilities that house persons who are in need by placing charity box in a conspicuous area of the hotel to facilitate contributions from guests who are interested to do so. Additionally, programmed assessment will be done and needs be addressed in areas where possible for the hotel to intervene.
- Collaboration: maintain and promote standards established by local and international regulatory bodies to guarantee the protection of the local environment. Permit avenues for the promotion of local culture as well as ease of access to local tourist attractions.